Learning Center Childcare worker
Position description & Duties
Literacy Source offers a supervised children's area for pre-school aged children whose parents are attending Monday/Wednesday daytime classes at the Literacy Source Learning Center in Lake City. The Childcare Worker will plan and carry out safe and age appropriate activities and provide supervision and care for pre-school aged children while their parents are on-site in classes at the Learning Center
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Set up room for Kids Area prior to each class
- Provide safe and appropriate supervision of children while parents are in class.
- Plan and implement activities for pre-school aged children.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized environment.
- Serve snacks to the children.
- Clean up the room and leave it in the same condition as it was upon arrival.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two or more years of hands-on experience in childcare environment.
- First Aid and CPR training certification (or willing to obtain in first 30 days).
- Ability to follow directions and be creative in play with children.
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate ideas to adults and give directions to children.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to relate to people of diverse ages, cultures, and backgrounds.
4 hours/week when classes are running (8:45-10:45 am on Mondays and Wednesdays)
How to Apply
Email Lynn Livesley or call 206-782-2050
Position begins September 18, 2017.
Volunteer childcare positions also available in the evening
Literacy Source is working to eliminate barriers for our students, and will be adding evening childcare for school aged children (6-12) of participating students. We will limit the number of children to six, and are looking for a few great volunteers to help us provide a quiet, supervised setting so mom or dad can focus on their own class. Monday and/or Wednesday for fall term (9/18-12/19), 6-8:30 pm.
- Experience working with school age children
- Interest in working in a culturally diverse environment
Please email Lynn if you're interested!