In this workshop we will:
- Reflect and acknowledge how our own cultural assumptions may impact our interactions and teaching
- Identify the Principles of Adult Learning and discuss how they are an integral part of creating a safe, accepting and successful learning environment
- Develop strategies for working with, and motivating culturally diverse learners
There are two online pre-requisites we would like to ask you to do before the training:
1) Please complete the training Principles of Adult Learning, (you do not need to to do the worksheets,) the training takes about 45 mins. The content will be discussed in the training. Please bring the certificate of completion to the training or email me to let me know you have completed it so I may log your hours.
2) Please watch Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED Talk The Danger of a Single Story (20 mins). Please come prepared to discuss the video.
Note: This is a required training for all LIteracy Source volunteers.
Please note: Literacy Source volunteers have priority for Literacy Source trainings. If you are interested in attending, but are not affiliated with Literacy Source, please contact email@example.com before registering for this event.